Thursday, April 5, 2012

TTT#11 & Chocolate Rice Krispie Nests


Welcome to TTT where it is always popping with recipes!!! I am so excited that Easter is so close. I love the true meaning of Easter, I love spending time with family on Easter,  I love having fun with my kids doing Easter activities, and you know I love eating on Easter. On Easter I am in charge of bringing desserts to my Mother's house. I decided I wanted to do cupcakes and rice krispie treats!  I was so excited when I found a fun recipe, Chocolate Rice Krispie Nests over at Will Cook For Smiles! I put my own little twist to the recipe! Last Sunday I got plenty of compliments when I shared with my Husband and Nursing Co-Workers after doing a trial run for Easter!



3 cups of Chocolate Rice Krispies
5 oz of Marshmallows
2 tbs butter
Non-stick cooking oil spray
A Bag of M&M's

1. In a large bowl, place butter and marshmallows. Heat in the microwave for 25 seconds. Mix well. Heat for another 25 seconds or until completely melted.

It took me heating 3 times



2. Add the chocolate Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.



3.Spray cooking oil  to a muffin pan.
4. Fill the muffin cups with the Rice Krispies mixture. In the center of each krispie a pinched a piece out, so they looked more like a nest.


5. Cool completely and fill with M&M's.



6. I then placed them in cupcake holders...brown ones would of have been better!


7. I can't wait to share with the family on Sunday

 

Taste These Easter Features:




Easter Bunny Cookies @ Mrs. Fox's Sweets:

Fix Spring Recipes @ Inspired By Family Magazine
Cutest Easter Treats @The Framed Lady



14 comments:

Mary Beth|Cupcakes and Crinoline said...

Thanks so much for hosting...you and your family have a Blessed Easter! hugs, mb

Tesiah said...

Thanks for the feature!

Hetal said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! I have linked to your party.

Hetal said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I have linked to your party.

Ivy and Elephants said...

OMG...I know what I am doing this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing. I would love for you to share this delicious recipe at our linky party.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Ginny @ Chasing Sunshine said...

Stopped by to link up my fruit + yogurt pops! Thanks for hosting.
XOXO Ginny

MrsFoxsSweets said...

Thanks for hosting and for featuring my cookies :) Have a wonderful Easter!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Thanks so much for featuring my four bean salad last week. I'm honored! Wishing you and your family Easter blessings!

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

AWWW! I'm so glad, I could inspire you!! Thank you for hosting!

Evelyn said...

Thank you for hosting. I love these sharing blog link parties

Evelyn

http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

Delle said...

Hey - thanks for the invite to link up!!! Everything looks so delicious! And your kids are adorable in their Easter photos!

Back for Seconds said...

Thanks for inviting me! I linked up :) Happy Easter, I am following you!

AudreyN said...

Thanks for hosting! I love linking up!

Gleeful @ The Captivating Life said...

Hi Jonnique! Thanks for visiting my blog and for inviting me to join in on your linky party. Happy Easter!