Friday, February 15, 2013

VDay Craft Day





It was the day before VDay and I had been wanting to do Vday crafts with kids all month. I realized that if I did not do it today I would have to wait until next year. I decided to cancel playdate plans at a park and cleaning plans.  I wanted the kids  to make Vday cards for Mr. Wonderful and have fun doing it!

I asked the kids if they wanted to paint and they screamed "Yes"! I set up a table & chairs in the front of the garage. I put clothes on the kids that I did not mind getting painted on.
 I initially let the kids color and paint whatever they wanted to do. The Boy wanted to paint and the Girl wanted to color & paint.



We then took a break to eat a snack. I allowed the Boy to serve his Sister. It was so so cute!

Shortly after that Nana a.k.a my Mom showed up on her lunch break, to deliver the kids Valentine Treats!

The kids were so excited and enjoyed having their first Vday sugar.



When it was time for Nana to return to work our next guests arrived. One of JJ's favorite friends & her lovely Mother.


I then began my organized crafting.


The Boy finished up his free crafting project. He was excited to make his Vday card for his Daddy and also expressed he wanted to make one for his Grandparents too. The Boy made a total of 4 Vday  cards and did very good with using his hand-prints on each one.


The Girl was caught with something in her mouth the entire time & wanted to eat more than she wanted to craft.

After painting their hands it was time to clean them.



I think this was the kids favorite part of Vday Craft day!















Water fun was done and then it was time for lunch!

Lunch eventually came to an end and the Vday crafts were dry, to showoff for the camera!










What a successful VDay Craft Day! I enjoyed it a whole lot and I know the kids did too!!!

4 comments:

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

New follower here. Oh my... they look like they are having so much fun. It's so good to get messy!
Thx for sharing!
nancy
http://nancyvnjourney.blogspot.com

rebecca said...

Oh my goodness...crafting outside in February! So jealous of all that warm sunshine! Thanks for linking up with the simple things!

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun, successful day of crafting. I'm jealous of the warm weather, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness how much fun!! Love the craft day outside!!